Saturday, July 29, 2006

working!!

so here i am, working on a saturday. it's been so dead this morning it's not even funny. oh well, i get off in 30 minutes, so i can make it! My mom's coming this afternoon, which is great. She and my sister are the reason that i get homesick......our family is so close knit, that it's like a part of me is missing since i don't get to see them every day. I grew up in a family where we saw at the bare minimum, one extended family member every day of our lives.........I can't imagine what it was like for my mom when she was married to my dad and living in texas, louisiana, and mississippi.......missing all of her holidays, and never getting to see her mom or sisters. it's bad enough for me living less than 2 hours from them. That is the only thing that saddens me about having a baby right now.....i had cousins that were close in age to me, and they were the best friends i had growing up.......none of them are even close to ready to have kids.......not, that i want them all to settle down immediately and start popping out babies, but i guess i'm just selfish in not wanting my kids to miss out on the relationships that i had with my family growing up. Hopefully by the time I'm ready for my second, my sister will be getting close to wanting her first one......surely she'll be married by then!

No comments: